March 20, 2015 Friday: 4th Week of Lent

A Lenten Pilgrimage
March 20, 2015 Friday: 4th Week of Lent

John 7:25-30
Yet we know where this man is from; but when the Messiah comes, no one will know where he is from.' Then Jesus cried out as he was teaching in the temple, 'You know me, and you know where I am from. I have not come on my own. But the one who sent me is true, and you do not know him. I know him, because I am from him, and he sent me.' Then they tried to arrest him, but no one laid hands on him, because his hour had not yet come.


I admire people who take risks. I admire people who try to conquer their fears. I admire Filipinos who are working abroad. They would endure everything for the sake of their loved ones.

In the gospel, Jesus, throughout His time in Jerusalem, encountered increasing hostility to His message and mission. In spite of rejection, verbal harassment and even death threats He was able to accomplish God’s will. Jesus did not let His fear conquer Him. He took risks because of His love of the Father.

Despite what the world may try to tell us, God wants to guide us into happy and fulfilling lives. There will be unexpected bends in the road, some negative and some positive. The best strategy, however, is to put our attention on God’s love for us. God’s love will help us conquer everything. God’s love can turn fear to strength.

Let’s try to take another step this Lent. Let God take the plans we made and fill them with His wisdom and purpose. (Fr. Emmanuel Ferrer, SVD Bible Diary 2007)

Popular Posts