Nov. 5, 2010 Friday: Daily Homily

Click to hear audio homily


The following is an excerpt from I AM: Eucharistic Meditations on the Gospel by Venerable Concepcion Cabrera de Armida (Conchita) She was a wife, mother, foundress, and a lay apostle whose cause for beatification is under way.

Chapter 24
When you lift up the Son of Man, you will come to realize that I AM. (Jn 8:28)

Is it not true that nailed to the Cross is where you have known Me best?
Is it not true that looking at Me there, you have not been able to doubt My love?
Is it not true that a crucifix is a consolation in your life and that a glance towards it gives you fortitude, confidence, contrition and purity?

I knew all that, and in order that you would come to know Me, I embraced humiliations, suffering, and martyrdom so that the voice of My Blood would resound in you and bring you to understand My love.

With the weapon of the Cross, I conquered the world. This is the only thing that secures the triumph and the victory. Love this holy weapon, kiss it with gratitude, for it is the seal of My chosen ones. By it I will know them as Mine on the last day. The Cross is a treasure by which you will merit heaven.

Do not be surprised that virtue costs. Think only that "My yoke is easy and My burden light." Be not afraid. If you want to know Me and follow Me, "take up your cross," because sacrifice is the life of the saints and I want you to be one.

Does the road to Calvary make you tremble? I am with you in the midst of tribulations and united to Me, nothing is hard; rather, all is easy and agreeable.

Conquer yourself; I shall be your fortitude. Remember that only the one who struggles obtains the reward, because there is no victory without a battle, nor virtue without sacrifice. The kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the measure of your love will be that of your sacrifices, because only those and not words are proofs of love.

As an example, look at Me lifted high on Calvary and learn the extent of My affection. I never refused any suffering and with all generosity I gave My Blood and Life for you. If I let Myself be nailed to a hard piece of wood, I did so thinking of you, so that, seeing Me perpetuate My life on the altar, you would not doubt that I am.

Popular Posts