Dec. 23, 2015 Wednesday: 4th Week of Advent C

Dec. 23, 2015 Wednesday: 4th Week of Advent C

“What, then, will this child be?” For surely the hand of the Lord was with him.
LUKE 1:66


Reflection:
There is such hope in the birth of a baby. This new, precious being is a bundle of endless possibilities, a mystery that must be allowed to unfold at its own pace in order to totally manifest its inner truth of love and goodness. Throughout our lives, we experience change that is, in effect, a rebirth. At every stage of our life we explore new possibilities. We encounter new friends, new schools, new jobs, new family members, new responsibilities, new challenges. Sometimes the possibilities are frightening. When we remember the hand of the Lord is with us, we can face challenges with faith and courage. We can surrender our disappointments, loss, and physical difficulties to God and ask to be shown the gift within them. Sometimes the possibilities we face are joyous and exciting, and we more easily recognize the gift within. It is our privilege to seek the hand of the Lord within these gifts, too, and humbly express our gratitude. All of life is a gift of endless possibilities for sharing and experiencing God’s love and goodness. As we dare to explore these endless possibilities, we become more and more like God in compassion, forgiveness, and acceptance.

Ponder: What will I become in life? Am I satisfied with my life at the moment? What would I like to accomplish with God’s help?

Prayer: Lord, all things are possible with you. Help me know my inner truth of love and goodness and manifest this totally in my relations with others.

Practice: Today I will write a letter of encouragement to someone I have neglected.

- Rev. Warren J. Savage and Mary Ann McSweeny

Popular Posts