Jan. 11, 2012 Wed.: 1st Week in Ordinary Time (B)


Segatashya Interview, July 20, 1982.

 Question: Segatashya, the apparitions the Kibeho schoolgirls are having of the Virgin Mary is a new phenomenon. But now it has been reported to us that you are having apparitions as well … is this true?
 Segatashya: Yes, it is true that I am having apparitions, but I’m not having apparitions of the Virgin Mary. I am having apparitions of Jesus Christ, and my visions of Jesus began on July 2, about two weeks ago.

Question: Segatashya, you are just a little boy who has never been to school or even gone to church. Why do you say you’ve seen and talked to Jesus? Isn’t it more likely you heard stories about the visionaries in Kibeho seeing the Virgin Mary, and then you just imagined you saw Jesus?
Segatashya: No, sir, I did not imagine seeing Jesus. I saw him and he spoke to me. I see him as I see you right now; it would be hard to tell anybody that I haven’t seen you. Although, the very first time I met him, I just heard him. I was sitting under a shade tree and I heard his voice. I didn’t know where the voice was coming from at first, but I realized it had to be coming from above, from the sky—from the place called heaven. He asked me if I would deliver a message for him, and my heart answered for me—my heart said yes! And so, that is what happened. I asked him who he was, and he told me that he was Jesus. He said to me, If you tell them you come in the name of Jesus, they will not believe you. But I could feel how powerful he was, and I knew all that he said was the truth. So I told him, “If you are truly Jesus Christ, they will believe what I say … as long as you give me strength to say your words and you give them the grace and the faith to hear the truth.” I know that you have spoken to Mr. Hubert, whom Jesus sent me to, so I know you have heard the message I delivered … the message for us all to purify our hearts to prepare for the Lord’s return to Earth.

Ilibagiza, Immaculee (2011-11-28). The Boy Who Met Jesus: Segatashya of Kibeho (pp. 119-120). Hay House.

Popular Posts