Sept. 5, 2014 Friday: 22nd Week in Ordinary A

Am I Trustworthy?
Paul instructs the Christians of Corinth: “it is of course required of stewards that they be found trustworthy.” I hear the word trustworthy quite often in my volunteering with Boy Scouts as every gathering begins with Scouts intoning: “A Scout is trustworthy.” So I ponder, “What does trustworthy mean in my life”?

Being known as trustworthy is one of the highest compliments one can receive. Being trustworthy supports loving marriages, nourishes family life, helps friendships thrive, and facilitates our daily business and personal lives.

I reflect: can I be found a trustworthy steward in my family life, in my friendships, in my work, and in reaching out to those in need? Am I someone who can be trusted, or are others wary of dealing with me? Am I trustworthy in my faith life, especially where my faith life intersects with daily life? In what ways today shall I be found a trustworthy steward?

―George Penman Sullivan, Jr.
www.jesuitprayer.org

Popular Posts