May 24, 2016 Tuesday: Our Lady of the Way (Madonna Della Strada)

May 24, 2016 Tuesday: Our Lady of the Way (Madonna Della Strada)

Mary’s Prayers At Work
I started praying to Madonna della Strada – literally, “Our Lady of the Street” – on my novitiate pilgrimage. I was going through some spiritual doubt, uncertain whether God really was with us, as Matthew’s Gospel says. But boarding a bus in Kansas City, bound for Texas with only five dollars and a backpack of clothes, I needed help. I asked Our Lady of the Way to pray for me.

She did. Just when I needed shelter in El Paso, a man asked me if I needed a place to stay. Later, when I wasn’t sure how to spend some extra cash, a poor man asked me for dinner. It was so clear that Mary’s prayers were working – and that God was, in fact, with me! Now, when something seems impossible – like studying for final exams – I remember my pilgrimage. If Mary’s prayers could help me there, she can help me anywhere.
—Daniel Everson, S.J.
www.jesuitprayer.org

(photo: altar of Madonna Della Strada in Church of Gesu, Rome)

Popular Posts