Sept. 26, 2016: Sts. Commas and Damian

Sept. 26, 2016: Sts. Commas and Damian

Jesus’ Sufferings and Yours

1 Peter 4:12-13: “Beloved, do not be surprised at the fiery ordeal that is taking place among you to test you. . . . But rejoice insofar as you are sharing Christ’s sufferings, so that you may also be glad and shout for joy when his glory is revealed.”

Spiritual Question:
But how can I find joy and gladness in suffering?

Padre Pio’s assurance:
“I am suffering very much, but thanks to our good Jesus I still feel a little strength, and when aided by Jesus, what [good] is the creature not capable of doing?... I am happy to suffer with Jesus. In contemplating the cross on his shoulders, I feel more and more fortified, and I exult with holy joy.”
“So let us not weep.... Jesus chooses souls, and despite my unworthiness, he has chosen mine also to help him in the tremendous task of men’s salvation. “This is the whole reason why I desire to suffer.... In this consists all my joy. Unfortunately, I am in need of courage, but Jesus will not refuse anything. I can testify to this from long experience, so we should not stop asking him for what we need.”

Prayer
Dear Lord, use me for the salvation of others as well as my own. Amen.

Popular Posts