Jan 12, 2010 Wednesday: Take the Chance

from the words of Mother Teresa

Take the Chance
Take the chance to do the humble works. You must long to go to that place...to wash and clean, to show your love for Jesus in a real living action...One Jesuit father asked me what I will do when I am no longer Mother General. I told him that I am first class at cleaning drains and toilets. Before I used to go to Kalighat every Sunday, and my special job there was to clean the toilet rooms. Those of you who have been there know that every morning the whole room is covered with dirt. A man came to me--I thought it was a brother, I didn't look very well--he said he wanted to help me. I said, "Then come with me," and I went to the bathroom. I began to sweep and pour water but the brother didn't seem to know what to do. I told him to pour water for me. He did that well enough. I was thinking, "They are not teaching the brothers what to do" and grumbling inside. Then after finishing he told me, "Thank you, Mother. I don't know how to thank you." No brother ever thanked me like that, and so I looked more closely. I saw that it was not a brother but a very well-dressed gentleman. He told me that he is the general manager of a big company.
-Mother Teresa

Popular Posts