(2 Peter 1:2-7) His divine power has bestowed on us everything that makes for life and devotion, through the knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and power.
For this very reason,make every effort: 1. to supplement your faith with virtue
2. to supplement your virtue with knowledge,
3. to supplement your knowledge with self-control
4. to supplement your self-control with endurance
5. to supplement your endurance with devotion
6. to supplement your devotion with mutual affection
7. to supplement your mutual affection with love.
Being a believer means being clothed in Christ. Paul says: "Every one of you that has been baptised has been clothed in Christ" (Galatians 3:26) and "Let your armour be the Lord Jesus Christ" (Romans 13:14). This being "clothed in Christ" is much more than wearing a cloak that covers our misery. It refers to a total transformation that allows us to say with Paul: "I have been crucified with Christ and yet I am alive; yet it is no longer I, but Christ living in me" (Galatians 2:20).
Thus, we are the living Christ in the world. Jesus, who is God-made-flesh, continues to reveal himself in our own flesh. Indeed, true salvation is becoming Christ.
-Fr. Henri Nouwen