July 6, 2012 Friday: 13th Week in Ordinary Time

Jesus' mission? to us losers



Jesus said, "People who are well don't need a doctor; but the sick do. So too I came to call sinners. " Matthew 9:12-13

Presidential aide, Charles Colson, was imprisoned for his role in the Watergate scandal. Speaking to
900 prisoners in Atlanta, he said:

"Jesus Christ came into this world for the poor, the sick, the hungry, the homeless, the imprisoned. He is the Prophet of the loser. And all of us here are losers. I am a loser just like all of you. The miracle is that God's message is specifically for all of us who have failed." Once out of prison, Colson set up the Prison Fellowship Program, that involves 1200 volunteers who reach out to help prisoners and their families.

How might I help Jesus reach out to those for whom he came.

-Fr. Mark Link, www.staygreat.com

I am truly poor, not when I have nothing, but when I do nothing. Anonymous

Popular Posts