Oct. 30, 2015 Friday: 30th Week in Ordinary Time B

Oct. 30, 2015 Friday: 30th Week in Ordinary Time B

Closest to His Heart

Maybe someone among us here is thinking: my sin is so great, I am as far from God as the younger son in the parable, my unbelief is like that of Thomas; I don’t have the courage to go back, to believe that God can welcome me and that he is waiting for me, of all people. But God is indeed waiting for you; he asks of you only the courage to go to him. How many times in my pastoral ministry have I heard it said: "Father, I have many sins"; and I have always pleaded: "Don’t be afraid, go to him, he is waiting for you, he will take care of everything". We hear many offers from the world around us; but let us take up God’s offer instead: his is a caress of love. For God, we are not numbers, we are important, indeed we are the most important thing to him; even if we are sinners, we are what is closest to his heart.

God’s patience has to call forth in us the courage to return to him, however many mistakes and sins there may be in our life.

-Pope Francis. Homily, Divine Mercy Sunday, April 7, 2013

Reflection:
Jesus said, “Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? And not one of them is forgotten before God. Why, even the hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not; you are of more value than many sparrows” (Luke 12:6-8). In prayer, open yourself to the intimate relationship God wants to have with you.

Popular Posts