Jan. 20, 2016 Wednesday: 2nd Week in Ordinary Time C

Jan. 20, 2016 Wednesday: 2nd Week in Ordinary Time C

God’s Care for You


1 Peter 5:7: “Cast all your anxiety on him, because he cares for you.”

But when I take a close look at myself, I see only sin and weakness, and I can’t believe that God would want to help me.

Padre Pio’s assurance:
“Think no more of your past life, except in order to admire the heavenly Father’s goodness which . . . did not want to reject you, but rather, with great care, wished to overcome your hardness and, winning you over with his grace, wanted and wants to demonstrate his power over you.” “Place all your cares in God alone because God cares greatly for you.” “Let us consider Jesus’ love for us and his concern for our well-being, and then let us be at peace. Let us not doubt that he will invariably assist us with fatherly care against all our enemies. If it were left to ourselves to remain on our feet, we should never be able to do it. At the first breath of air we should fall down and certainly have no hope of rising again.” “. . . How many times does he not stretch out his hand to us to arrest our headlong dash towards the precipice? How many times, when we had abandoned him, has he not readmitted us to his loving embrace?”

Lord, help me to remember that you love me more than I can imagine, and that, despite my sin and weakness, you always want to help me. Amen.

-Padre Pio’s Words of Hope, Edited by Eileen Dunn Bertanzetti

Popular Posts