Oct. 28, 2017: St. Jude and St. Simon, Apostles

Oct. 28, 2017: St. Jude and St. Simon, Apostles

Prayer to St. Jude in Times of Suffering
Most holy Apostle, St. Jude, faithful servant and friend of Jesus, I place myself into your hands at this difficult time.  Help me to know that I am not alone.  Please pray for me, asking God to send me comfort for my sorrows, bravery for my fears, and healing for my suffering.  Ask our loving God to strengthen my faith and give me the courage to accept His Will for my life. Thank you, St. Jude, for the hope you offer to all who believe in you.  Amen.

There is perhaps no one among us, particularly at this point in our nation’s history, who is not facing a crisis on some level.  Maybe yours is of a financial nature.  Maybe your home is in foreclosure or you are facing a short sale.  Perhaps your marriage needs healing or you are newly bereaved.  Maybe you lost your job and are unable to find meaningful employment.  Whatever your suffering is on a physical, fiscal, mental, emotional or spiritual level, one thing is certain – your problem appears to be immoveable, impassable, and simply impossible to solve!  Perhaps you even feel like giving up. In other words – you have become desperate!

Whatever challenges you are facing in life– know that there is a powerful Saint of the early Church who eagerly awaits your call for help. Even now, in our present age, he stands ready to robustly assist you in the seemingly impossible problems of life.

I speak of a Saint of which little is known.   A Saint who was ordinary until Christ made him extraordinary.  A Saint mentioned little in the Gospels – but who broke his silence to write a short, powerful letter which speaks to the challenges of our times. A Saint who bore the ultimate witness, dying a martyr’s death with a spirit steeped in courage.

I speak of Saint Jude – the Saint of the impossible!  The inconsolable!  The desperate! A Saint who has never been known to fail! Saint Jude is specifically invoked in despairing situations because his New Testament letter, The Letter of Saint Jude, stresses to us the importance of persevering despite harsh and difficult times.  Therefore, he has been appointed as the Patron Saint of desperate cases.  And I can tell you from experience, he takes his title very seriously!  In our challenging times, would it not be wise to befriend such a faithful ally?

Let’s face it – we all need help from time to time and there is no shame in asking for it.  So why not seek help from one of God’s most powerful intercessors who continuously goes before the Father, Son and Holy Spirit for his friends on earth. Won’t you consider making Saint Jude a part of your spiritual family to help you with the impossible?  Give him a chance and experience firsthand the many ways this mighty champion of Christ will work in your life!

- By Judy Keane

http://saintjudethaddaeus.blogspot.com/p/blog-page_12.html

Popular Posts