May 11, 2011 Wednesday: 3rd Week of Easter (A)

St. Don Bosco on Communion 

"Go to Communion frequently. If you only knew what a great truth this is! Frequent Communion is the main column sustaining the moral and physical world, preventing it from collapse….Believe me, my dear children, I do not think that I am exaggerating when I say that frequent Communion is a solid column upon which one pole of the world rests, [and] devotion to Our Lady is the column which supports the other pole."

"My one support has always been recourse to Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament and to Mary Help of Christians."

"I would like to rid you of a false notion quite common…that you have to be a saint to receive often. This is a lie, a fraud. Communion is not primarily for saints, but for those who want to become saints. It’s the sick and the weak who need medicine and food. How happy I would be if I could enkindle in your hearts that same fire which Our Lord brought to the earth. 'I came to cast fire on the earth, and what will I but that it be kindled?' (Luke 12:49)"

Popular Posts