May 3, 2011 Tuesday: Feast of St. Philip and St. James

The words that I speak to you I do not speak on my own. The Father who dwells in me is doing his works.  (John 14:10)

Two Truckloads

God will never, never, never let us down if we have faith and trust Him. One week, on the Friday and Saturday, for the very first time we had no rice to give the people. The Sisters feed, I believe, four thousand people each day and these people are the ones who simply won't eat unless Sisters feed them--but we had nothing. Then, about 9:00 on Friday morning one, two truckloads full--full of bread [more] than they had ever seen in their lives. So, you see Sisters, God is thoughtful. He will never let us down if we trust Him even if He has had to play a trick on the people and close down the schools. He will always look after us. So we must cleave to Jesus.

-Mother Teresa from Where There Is Love, There Is God

Popular Posts