March 25, 2016: Holy Darkness, Good Friday

Holy Darkness Good Friday liturgy at St Francis of Assisi, Donaldsonville, LA, March 25, 2016 sung by Fr. Paul Yi Holy Darkness (Dan Schutte) Refrain Holy darkness, blessed night, heaven's answer hidden from our sight. As we await you, O God of silence, we embrace your holy night. 1. I have tried you in fires of affliction; I have taught your soul to grieve. In the barren soil of your loneliness, there I will plant my seed. 2. I have taught you the price of compassion; you have stood before the grave. Though my love can seem like a raging storm, this is the love that saves. 4. In your deepest hour of darkness I will give you wealth untold. When the silence stills your spirit, will my riches fill your soul. Inspired by St. John of the Cross (1542-1591)

Popular Posts