Day 4: Monday, May 14, 2018 Novena to the Holy Spirit

Day 4: Monday, May 14, 2018
Novena to the Holy Spirit

OPENING PRAYER:
Come Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of your faithful
and kindle in them the fire of your love.
Send forth your Spirit and they shall be created.
And You shall renew the face of the earth.
O, God, who by the light of the Holy Spirit, did instruct the hearts of the faithful, grant that by the same Holy Spirit we may be truly wise and ever enjoy His consolations, Through Christ Our Lord, Amen.

In our labor, rest most sweet;
Grateful coolness in the heat;
Solace in the midst of woe.

Ezekiel 36:25-29
I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will
cleanse you from all your impurities and from all your idols. I
will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will
remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of
flesh. And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow
my decrees and be careful to keep my laws. You will live in the
land I gave your forefathers; you will be my people, and I will
be your God. I will save you from all your uncleanness. I will
call for the grain and make it plentiful and will not bring
famine upon you.

V: Renew your wonders in the Church of our day and in
each one of us, as by a new Pentecost.
Increase in us the Spirit of Fortitude, we pray to the Lord.
R: Lord, hear our prayer.

CLOSING PRAYER:
Come Holy Spirit,
Renew your wonders in this our day, as by a new Pentecost.
Grant to your Church that, being of one mind and steadfast in prayer with Mary, the Mother of Jesus, and following the lead of the successors of Saint Peter and the Apostles, it may advance the reign of our Divine Savior, the reign of truth and justice, the reign of love and peace.- Amen

Popular Posts