April 11, 2014 Friday: 5th Week in Ordinary A

There are times when we can be biased about some people because they are different from us in the way they look, speak, dress or do things. No matter what good they do, we find it difficult to see beyond our biases about them.
There were always some people who asked for signs from Jesus so that they could believe in him and his message. Throughout his ministry, Jesus had been doing good works: healing the sick, giving sight to the blind, making the lame walk, forgiving sins, preaching the Good News. And yet, despite all these works, these same people who asked for signs still did not believe in him. They closed their eyes, hearts and minds to the divine works that Jesus was doing and only saw a carpenter's son from Galilee. Almost in exasperation, Jesus said, "If I am not doing the works of my Father, do not believe me. But if I do them, even if you have no faith in me, believe because of the works I do; and know that the Father is in me, and I in the Father."
In any relationship, especially in our relationship with God, it is important to have an open mind and heart in order to see beyond our limited perspectives and biases. The truth is not limited only to what we know and have experienced.God asks us to have an open and receptive heart and mind so that he could work through us in bringing about His kingdom here and now.

biblereflection.blogspot.com

Popular Posts