June 11, 2015 Thursday: Day 8, Novena to the Sacred Heart

June 11, 2015 Thursday: Day 8, Novena to the Sacred Heart

Eighth Day - Peace be with you!

Click below to hear Audio Version of the Novena
http://novenas.sacredspace.ie/audio/shnovena/shnovena8.mp3

Today’s Scripture
While they were talking about this, Jesus himself stood among them and said to them, ‘Peace be with you.’ They were startled and terrified, and thought that they were seeing a ghost. He said to them, ‘Why are you frightened, and why do doubts arise in your hearts? Look at my hands and my feet; see that it is I myself. Touch me and see; for a ghost does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have.’
Luke 24: 36-39


Reflection for the Eighth Day
Peace; Look; Listen; Go Jesus greets the apostles with that soothing word, ‘Shalom’ (Peace) – it means I wish you the fullness of well-being of mind and body and soul. He then invites them to look at his hands and side. He encourages them to listen to what the scriptures say about him and then to go and preach the Good News that He is Risen.

Today’s Prayer
Lord, you see my poverty and you love me better than I can love myself. Supply my wants according to your mercy. Help me to accept your will without seeking to understand disappointments. Help me to resign myself entirely and absolutely to you. Amen.

Daily Invocation
Sacred Heart of Jesus, I place all my trust in you.

Novena Prayer
Lord Jesus, the needs of your people open your heart in love for each of us. You care for us when we are lost, sympathize with us in loneliness, and comfort us in mourning; you are closest to us where we are weakest. You love us most when we love ourselves least; you forgive us most when we forgive ourselves least; and you call us to spread your love in whatever way we can. Lord Jesus, your heart is moved with compassion when we are suffering, when we need your help, and when we pray for each other. I ask you to listen to my prayer during this Novena, and grant what I ask. (Mention your intention silently.) If what I ask is not for my own good and the good of others, grant me what is best, that I may build up your kingdom of love in our world.

http://novenas.sacredspace.ie/shnovena8

Popular Posts