June 8, 2015 Monday; Day 5, Novena to the Sacred Heart

June 8, 2015 Monday; Day 5, Novena to the Sacred Heart

Fifth Day – Has no one condemned you?

Click below to hear Audio Version of the Novena
http://novenas.sacredspace.ie/audio/shnovena/shnovena5.mp3

Today’s Scripture
Jesus straightened up and said to her, ‘Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?’ She said, ‘No one, sir.’ And Jesus said, ‘Neither do I condemn you. Go your way, and from now on do not sin again.’ (John 8: 10-11)

Reflection for the Fifth Day
I read something recently which went like this: ‘You do not have to be good before God will love you; you do not have to repent before you will be absolved by God. It is all the other way around. If you are good, it is because God’s love has already made you so; if you want to be forgiven, that is because God is forgiving you.’

Today’s Prayer
Jesus, as I reflect upon your Sacred Heart, help me to have a deep felt knowledge that you have already forgiven and long to forgive all my sins. Your Sacred Heart is love made visible.

Daily Invocation
Sacred Heart of Jesus, I place all my trust in you.

Novena Prayer
Lord Jesus, the needs of your people open your heart in love for each of us. You care for us when we are lost, sympathize with us in loneliness, and comfort us in mourning; you are closest to us where we are weakest. You love us most when we love ourselves least; you forgive us most when we forgive ourselves least; and you call us to spread your love in whatever way we can. Lord Jesus, your heart is moved with compassion when we are suffering, when we need your help, and when we pray for each other. I ask you to listen to my prayer during this Novena, and grant what I ask. (Mention your intention silently.) If what I ask is not for my own good and the good of others, grant me what is best, that I may build up your kingdom of love in our world.

http://novenas.sacredspace.ie/shnovena5

Popular Posts