June 6, 2015 Saturday: Day 3, Novena to the Sacred Heart

June 6, 2015 Saturday: Day 3, Novena to the Sacred Heart

Click below to hear Audio Version of the Novena
http://novenas.sacredspace.ie/audio/shnovena/shnovena3.mp3

Today’s Scripture
Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we ought, but that very Spirit intercedes with sighs too deep for words. And God, who searches the heart, knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God. We know that all things work together for good for those who love God, who are called according to his purpose. (Romans 8: 26-28)

Reflection for the Third Day
Thérèse of Lisieux (1873-97) once said that love was her vocation in life. Never was this vocation tested more than in the last nine months of her life as she lay dying with tuberculosis. She wrote a note to her sister Céline
‘Here is great love, to love Jesus without feeling the sweetness of his love – that is love pushed to the point of heroism.’

Today’s Prayer
Jesus, I believe. Help my unbelief. Jesus, you are the real bedrock of my hope. Help me always to rely on you, especially in times of doubt and trouble.

Daily Invocation
Sacred Heart of Jesus, I place all my trust in you.

Novena Prayer
Lord Jesus, the needs of your people open your heart in love for each of us. You care for us when we are lost, sympathize with us in loneliness, and comfort us in mourning; you are closest to us where we are weakest. You love us most when we love ourselves least; you forgive us most when we forgive ourselves least; and you call us to spread your love in whatever way we can.
Lord Jesus, your heart is moved with compassion when we are suffering, when we need your help, and when we pray for each other. I ask you to listen to my prayer during this Novena, and grant what I ask. (Mention your intention silently.)

If what I ask is not for my own good and the good of others, grant me what is best, that I may build up your kingdom of love in our world.

http://novenas.sacredspace.ie/shnovena3

Popular Posts