June 4, 2015 Thursday: Day 1, Novena to the Sacred Heart

June 4, 2015 Thursday: Day 1, Novena to the Sacred Heart

Click to hear Audio Version of Novena
http://novenas.sacredspace.ie/audio/shnovena/shnovena1.mp3

Today’s Scripture
The next day John again was standing with two of his disciples, and as he watched Jesus walk by, he exclaimed, ‘Look, here is the Lamb of God!’ The two disciples heard him say this, and they followed Jesus. (John 1: 35-37)

Reflection for the First Day
Jesus addresses the same question to you at the beginning of this novena
‘What do you want?’ St. Augustine said that all our desires are really a longing for God in disguise; where there is real desire, there is prayer. So, be at peace in your desire, you are already praying!


Today’s Prayer
Lord, I come to you at the start of this novena with a muddle of desires. Give me courage, to listen to what you want to say to me about these desires and give me the strength to accept your loving desires for me and for my loved ones.

Daily Invocation
Sacred Heart of Jesus, I place all my trust in you.

Novena Prayer
Lord Jesus, the needs of your people open your heart in love for each of us. You care for us when we are lost, sympathize with us in loneliness, and comfort us in mourning; you are closest to us where we are weakest. You love us most when we love ourselves least; you forgive us most when we forgive ourselves least; and you call us to spread your love in whatever way we can.
Lord Jesus, your heart is moved with compassion when we are suffering, when we need your help, and when we pray for each other. I ask you to listen to my prayer during this Novena, and grant what I ask. (Mention your intention silently.)
If what I ask is not for my own good and the good of others, grant me what is best, that I may build up your kingdom of love in our world.

http://novenas.sacredspace.ie/shnovena1

Popular Posts