June 5, 2015 Friday: 2nd Day, Novena to the Sacred Heart

June 5, 2015 Friday: 2nd Day, Novena to the Sacred Heart

Click below to hear Audio Version of the Novena
http://novenas.sacredspace.ie/audio/shnovena/shnovena2.mp3

Today’s Scripture
‘So I say to you, Ask, and it will be given to you; search, and you will find; knock, and the door will be opened for you. For everyone who asks receives, and everyone who searches finds, and for everyone who knocks, the door will be opened.(Luke 11: 9-10)

Reflection for the Second Day
St. Augustine said, ‘For yourself you have made us, O Lord, and our hearts are restless until they rest in you’. I love a change a modern theologian has made in those lines – he writes, ‘Your heart is restless until we rest in you’. Our God is vulnerable to our free response hands and side. He encourages them to listen to what the scriptures say about him and then to go and preach the Good News that He is Risen.


Today’s Prayer
Lord, I come to you full of needs. But my deepest need is to become more convinced of your love for me. Help me to believe that you are with me today, tomorrow and always. Amen.

Daily Invocation
Sacred Heart of Jesus, I place all my trust in you.

Novena Prayer
Lord Jesus, the needs of your people open your heart in love for each of us. You care for us when we are lost, sympathize with us in loneliness, and comfort us in mourning; you are closest to us where we are weakest. You love us most when we love ourselves least; you forgive us most when we forgive ourselves least; and you call us to spread your love in whatever way we can.

Lord Jesus, your heart is moved with compassion when we are suffering, when we need your help, and when we pray for each other. I ask you to listen to my prayer during this Novena, and grant what I ask. (Mention your intention silently.)

If what I ask is not for my own good and the good of others, grant me what is best, that I may build up your kingdom of love in our world.

http://novenas.sacredspace.ie/shnovena2

Popular Posts