June 7, 2015: Day 4, Novena to the Sacred Heart

June 7, 2015: Day 4, Novena to the Sacred Heart

Click below to hear Audio Version of the Novena
http://novenas.sacredspace.ie/audio/shnovena/shnovena4.mp3

Today’s Scripture
Mark 10: 21-22 Jesus, looking at him, loved him and said, ‘You lack one thing; go, sell what you own, and give the money to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; then come, follow me.’ When he heard this, he was shocked and went away grieving, for he had many possessions.

Reflection for the Fourth Day
A Dominican theologian once wrote, ‘A person is enlightened not when they get an idea but when someone looks at them’. How we look at another has tremendous consequences for self-esteem. The Sacred Heart looks at each one of us with deep love, understanding and compassion. We are called to look at others in the same way.

Today’s Prayer
Jesus, you looked at the rich young man with love and yet he could not respond to your call. Help our prayer to become our looking at you looking at us and smiling with love so that we will not run from the love that you offer.

Daily Invocation
Sacred Heart of Jesus, I place all my trust in you.

Novena Prayer
Lord Jesus, the needs of your people open your heart in love for each of us. You care for us when we are lost, sympathize with us in loneliness, and comfort us in mourning; you are closest to us where we are weakest. You love us most when we love ourselves least; you forgive us most when we forgive ourselves least; and you call us to spread your love in whatever way we can. Lord Jesus, your heart is moved with compassion when we are suffering, when we need your help, and when we pray for each other. I ask you to listen to my prayer during this Novena, and grant what I ask. (Mention your intention silently.) If what I ask is not for my own good and the good of others, grant me what is best, that I may build up your kingdom of love in our world.

http://novenas.sacredspace.ie/shnovena4

Popular Posts