June 9, 2015 Tuesday: Day 6, Novena to the Sacred Heart

June 9, 2015 Tuesday: Day 6, Novena to the Sacred Heart

Click below to hear Audio Version of the Novena
http://novenas.sacredspace.ie/audio/shnovena/shnovena6.mp3

Sixth Day – Honesty in prayer

Today’s Scripture
When Jesus arrived, he found that Lazarus had already been in the tomb for four days. Now Bethany was near Jerusalem, some two miles away, and many of the Jews had come to Martha and Mary to console them about their brother. When Martha heard that Jesus was coming, she went and met him, while Mary stayed at home. Martha said to Jesus, ‘Lord, if you had been here, my brother would not have died. But even now I know that God will give you whatever you ask of him.’ Jesus said to her, ‘Your brother will rise again.’ Martha said to him, ‘I know that he will rise again in the resurrection on the last day.’ (John 11: 17-24)

Reflection for the Sixth Day
St. Ignatius Loyola said that we should always speak to Jesus in prayer just as one close friend would speak to another. Don’t be afraid to express your real feelings to Jesus – anger, hurt, joy, sorrow, etc. When you’ve made your complaint or expressed your joy, don’t forget one thing Listen for God’s response! It may come in surprising ways.

Today’s Prayer
Jesus, I have to be honest and tell you that there have been times when I’ve been angry with you and I feel that you’ve let me down. Help me to trust that you really do have a loving plan for me and for everyone, a plan that most times I find hard to fathom.

Daily Invocation
 Sacred Heart of Jesus, I place all my trust in you.

Novena Prayer
 Lord Jesus, the needs of your people open your heart in love for each of us. You care for us when we are lost, sympathize with us in loneliness, and comfort us in mourning; you are closest to us where we are weakest. You love us most when we love ourselves least; you forgive us most when we forgive ourselves least; and you call us to spread your love in whatever way we can. Lord Jesus, your heart is moved with compassion when we are suffering, when we need your help, and when we pray for each other. I ask you to listen to my prayer during this Novena, and grant what I ask. (Mention your intention silently.) If what I ask is not for my own good and the good of others, grant me what is best, that I may build up your kingdom of love in our world.

http://novenas.sacredspace.ie/shnovena6

(Photo: Sacred Heart statue in Basilica of St. Francis, Assisi, Italy)

Popular Posts