June 12, 2015 Friday: Day 9, Novena to the Sacred Heart of Jesus

June 12, 2015 Friday: Day 9, Novena to the Sacred Heart of Jesus

Click below for Audio Version of the Novena
http://novenas.sacredspace.ie/audio/shnovena/shnovena9.mp3

Today’s Scripture
Then Jesus asked, ‘Were not ten made clean? But the other nine, where are they? Was none of them found to return and give praise to God except this foreigner?’ (Luke 17: 17-18)


Reflection for the Ninth Day
Did you know that in the Old Testament the word ‘praise’ has only one object – God! In the psalms, to praise is to live; not praising is the same as not living, not living the life which is God’s gift, to be returned in praise. A Jewish rabbi has written, ‘It is difficult to feel depressed when you remember fairly constantly that life is a gift. Faith teaches us to make a blessing over life. Making a blessing over life is the best way of turning life into a blessing.’

Today’s Prayer
I want to say ‘thank you, Jesus’ for these nine days of prayer, of talking and listening to you more closely than usual. Thank you, especially for all the things in my life that I just take for granted every day, forgetting that they are pure gift.

Daily Invocation
Sacred Heart of Jesus, I place all my trust in you.

Novena Prayer
Lord Jesus, the needs of your people open your heart in love for each of us. You care for us when we are lost, sympathize with us in loneliness, and comfort us in mourning; you are closest to us where we are weakest. You love us most when we love ourselves least; you forgive us most when we forgive ourselves least; and you call us to spread your love in whatever way we can. Lord Jesus, your heart is moved with compassion when we are suffering, when we need your help, and when we pray for each other. I ask you to listen to my prayer during this Novena, and grant what I ask. (Mention your intention silently.) If what I ask is not for my own good and the good of others, grant me what is best, that I may build up your kingdom of love in our world.

Popular Posts